Urban space, full of concrete, metal and glass skyscrapers, often lacks greenery and natural beauty. Increasingly, however, designers and artists around the world are introducing new solutions that not only enliven our cities, but also bring utilitarian works of art into them. One of such solutions are XXL pots — impressive and innovative architectural elements that are becoming an integral part of the urban landscape.
XXL pots: Art that inspires and creates community in the city
XXL flower pots are huge plant containers that not only have a practical function, but also an artistic one. Unlike traditional pots, which are small in size and focus mainly on the function of holding plants, XXL pots are becoming the centerpiece of urban spaces. Their enormous size, unique shapes and modern designs attract the attention of passers-by, giving a distinctive look to a particular place.
Moreover, XXL flower pots are not only aesthetically pleasing but also functional. Thanks to their size, they can hold large trees and shrubs, thus creating natural green islands in the middle of a concrete jungle. Plants in pots not only decorate the city, but also contribute to improving air quality by absorbing carbon dioxide and producing oxygen. In addition, XXL pots can also become spatial markers or protective barriers, dividing the urban space into different zones.
Art on a large scale – XXL pots as an urban attraction
XXL pots create unlimited possibilities for artistic expression. Designers, using a variety of materials, create unique compositions that reflect both contemporary minimalism and expressive abstraction. Pots can be made of concrete, steel, wood, glass or plastic, and their surfaces can be decorated with paintings, mosaics, or sculptures. These artistic masterpieces enrich urban spaces and give them a new dynamic.
Painting XXL pots together can be a great idea to activate the local community. Creating such local works of art will be great entertainment for both young and old residents! A great background for such events are the white, smooth XXL Gianto pots from Terra Group, which have already been used in this way, e.g., by the City of Poznań.
Poznan Design Days
A space full of color. How are XXL pots transforming cities?
Artists and designers all over the world see the potential of XXL pots and bring them into urban space with increasing enthusiasm. Thanks to XXL pots, art is making its way into streets and squares, merging with the daily lives of citizens. XXL pots not only provide us with aesthetic impressions, but also inspire to reflect on the role of art in public spaces.
Why not organize a pot painting event in your town? Graffiti lovers as well as classic art enthusiasts are sure to be delighted! A pot painting action in your city can be an exciting event and a great opportunity to involve the local community in creating artistic and creative spaces. Here are some steps that can help you organize such an action:
- Contact the relevant city authorities or organizations responsible for the management of urban spaces, such as the city hall, the cultural department or the urban greenery board. Discuss your ideas and get permission to carry out pot painting campaigns in public areas.
- Submit a project to the civic budget vote.
- Identify strategic locations in the city, such as squares, parks or streets, where the placement of painted pots will attract the most attention. Choose areas that are highly visible and frequently visited by residents and tourists.
- Inform the local community about the planned pot painting event. You can use various communication channels, such as social media, websites, local newspapers or posters. Encourage residents, art groups, schools, NGOs and local businesses to take part.
- Ensure that you have the necessary tools and materials such as paints, brushes, palettes, rubbish bags, water for washing brushes, etc. Also provide adequate safety equipment such as protective suits and gloves for participants. Organize work zones and provide tables where pots can be painted.
- Ensure photo or video documentation of the pot painting action. Share them on social media, local media, websites, and blogs to promote the participants’ creativity and attract the attention of more people.